Are you getting bore at home due to the pandemic? Entertain yourself, family members and housemates with a classic game that all college students love. Recreate your very own pint pong session in the comforts of your home.
Setting up and playing the game is relatively easy. If you’re unfamiliar how this game goes, here is a step by step guide on how to play the pint pong.
Playing pint Pong 101
All participants need to make teams taking turns to compete on who hits the most pint cups until the end of the game. Focus, right strategy and teamwork is the key to win the game.
The Mechanics of the Game
- Pick participants that should compose into two teams: Team A and Team B. Each team shall pick a member that gets to go first.
- When deciding who should play first, both teams have to compete through their watchful eyes. Meaning, each team shall shoot the ball to the cups without looking at it but by just staring straight at the opponent.
- When both teams made a shot on the first try, the next team member shall take the turn and do the same. If both teams miss their shot, they need to redo the shot before the next team member can play.
- Whichever team finishes making a shot without looking, will be the first one to play the game.
- The game shall start with the first player. The player needs to make a shot on one of the cups. If he/she makes the shot, the opponent will drink the pint inside the cup where he/she shot the ball.
- When both teammates were able to shoot perfectly, the balls shall be returned and the team will have an opportunity to shoot again.
- Each team shall keep shooting the balls into the cups until there is no ball left.
- The team who has hit the most cups at the end of the game shall be hailed as the winner.
Restrictions of the Game
- All the players cannot to touch the table, like leaning the wrist or elbow on the table, while making a shot. When caught doing it, if the player made a shot while doing it, the point shall not be honored.
- Each team has only two chances of requesting a re-rack. Re-racking is when a team requests to rearrange the cups as part of their strategic approach to win the game. The team can request it in any point of the game as long as they still have their two chances.
- If an unintentional shot accidently hit the cup, you should still count it as eliminated cups and should discard them.
- When one of the players accidently move the cups, the player can fix the cup into its original place. This is different from the previous one, re-racking.
- When making the shot then suddenly the ball returns back to the player and hasn’t hit the ground, the player can still redo the shot for a second time.
- If you choose to play for an overtime game, you can only play with a maximum of three cups and no re-racking.
Tips for playing pint Pong
- Practice before the game starts so you can warm up with your shooting range.
- Try to focus on a specific cup and don’t get overwhelmed with it. You’ll lose focus when making a shot if you don’t focus with one cup at a time.
- Be sure to eat heavy before the game, you never know you might be part of a losing team and end up drinking a lot. It’s better to be sober in the game than being wasted.
- Make sure your hands are dry before making the shot. If it’s moisty, make sure to wipe it so you don’t slip the ball off your hands. Have a good grip to avoid the ball from falling.
- Beer pong is not exclusive for beers alone. You can customize the drink you would like to use for the game.
- If you’re not at the legal age to drink alcohol, it’s best to do a friendly game with water or juice inside the cups. You will still enjoy the game quite the same.