How do I make my own shower gel?
Thick and Creamy Shower Gel
- 2 tablespoons (27 g) shea butter.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) carrier oil.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable glycerin.
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) xanthan gum.
- ⅓ cup (78 ml) liquid castile soap.
- ⅓ cup (78 ml) warm water.
- 10 drops lavender essential oil.
What ingredients are in body wash?
Shower gels are known to consist of the same basic ingredients as soap – water, betaines, and sodium laureth sulfate, or SLS.
How do you make natural body soap?
Is it cheaper to make your own body wash?
Body wash from the store costs around $3-4 for 16 ounces. By making your own body wash at home you can save $2.61 to $3.61 for each 16 ounces you make at home. That is quite a bit of savings!
How long does homemade body wash last?
PLEASE NOTE: As this recipe only contains mild natural preservatives (citric acid) and has not been created by a chemist, you may want to store the finished body wash in your refrigerator or make a batch small enough to use within 3-4 days.