- 1 How do you set margins on Microsoft Word?
- 2 How do I make 1.5 Margins in Word?
- 3 How do I set custom margins for one page in Word?
- 4 How do I set margins in Word 2010?
- 5 Why are margins not working in Word?
- 6 How do I put margins on only one page?
- 7 How do I set the margins on the first page only?
- 8 What should margins be set at?
How do you set margins on Microsoft Word?
How do I make 1.5 Margins in Word?
How do I set custom margins for one page in Word?
Word also allows you to customize the size of your margins in the Page Setup dialog box.
- From the Page Layout tab, click Margins. Select Custom Margins… from the drop-down menu. …
- The Page Setup dialog box will appear.
- Adjust the values for each margin, then click OK. …
- The margins of the document will be changed.
How do I set margins in Word 2010?
How to Change Page Margins in Microsoft Word 2010
- Open your document in Word 2010.
- Select the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Margins button.
- Choose the desired page margin setting.
Why are margins not working in Word?
If your document is in Print Layout view and the top and bottom margins appear to be cut off, the option for hiding margins has been switched on. Here’s how to switch it off: Point to the top or bottom of a page until the pointer becomes a double-pointed arrow, and then double-click.
How do I put margins on only one page?
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Margins tab. Under Margins, select the options you want.
- To change the default margins, click Default after you select new margin settings. …
- To change the margins for part of a document, select the text, and then set the margins you want.
How do I set the margins on the first page only?
Here’s a super easy way.
- Insert a Section Break (Next Page) from Page Layout > Breaks.
- Click on the page you want to expand/narrow the margins.
- Click on Custom Margins from Page Layout > Margins.
- In the Page Setup window put in the custom margin size you want then click OK.
What should margins be set at?
The top, bottom, and right margins are required to be 1 inch, but the left margin can either be 1 inch or 1.25 inches. All body text, tables, figures, appendices content, and any copies of published chapters must fit within the required 1-inch margins on all sides.