How do I get the latest version of iTunes?
How do I manually update iTunes on my computer?
Update iTunes on PC
- Manually check for new versions of iTunes: Choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Have iTunes automatically check for new versions every week: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, then make sure the “Check for new software updates automatically” is selected.
How do I know what version of iTunes I have on my Mac?
- Open iTunes.
- On the menu bar at the top left corner, click the iTunes menu and select About iTunes.
- A window appears with scrolling text (press the Space bar to freeze the text). The first text that appears displays the iTunes version.
How do I update iTunes on Mac Mojave?
In macOS Mojave, you must update the operating system to get to the latest version of iTunes.
Update iTunes on macOS Mojave
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Update Now.
Why can’t I update iTunes on my Mac?
If you can’t update to the latest version of macOS
Open the App Store on your Mac. Click Updates at the top of the App Store window. If any iTunes updates are available, click Install.
Is my Mac too old to update?
Apple said that would run happily on a late 2009 or later MacBook or iMac, or a 2010 or later MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. This means that if your Mac is older than 2012 it won’t officially be able to run Catalina or Mojave.