How to use my instant pot
- 1 How do you use the instant pot step by step?
- 2 How do I start my instant pot pressure cooker?
- 3 How do I set my Instant Pot to 7 minutes?
- 4 Is there a start button on Instant Pot?
- 5 What do the buttons on Instant Pot mean?
- 6 Which button is pressure cook on Instant Pot?
- 7 Should Instant Pot valve be up or down?
How do you use the instant pot step by step?
How do I start my instant pot pressure cooker?
(Some Instant Pot models have a button that says “Manual” and others have a “Pressure Cook” button. They do exactly the same thing.) Use the +/- buttons to set the time to 5 minutes. Wait for 10 seconds and the Instant Pot display will say “On” and the cycle will begin.
How do I set my Instant Pot to 7 minutes?
Secure the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Select manual and pressure-cook on high with the timer set to seven minutes. Once the time is up, set the pressure valve to venting and let the Instant Pot depressurize.
After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will beep to tell you it’s beginning the pressure cooking process. (The exact name of this button depends on your model of Instant Pot.) Some Instant Pots, such a the Duo Evo Plus have a start button that you’ll need to press to start the cooking process.
The Instant Pot buttons are simply pre-sets for cooking times and pressure. All of the settings default to high pressure except for the rice setting, which defaults to low pressure. You can adjust the time on any of these settings by pressing the “Adjust” button and then using the “+/-” buttons.
1. Manual or Pressure Cook Button. This is the mode you will use most frequently on your Instant Pot (bottom right corner). This is the main button to pressure cook any dish.
Should Instant Pot valve be up or down?
Make sure that the pressure release valve is in place, and it is set to the Sealing position (upwards). If all of these are properly in place, your Instant Pot should be able to build pressure and cook your food. When everything is under pressure, the floating pin of your Instant Pot should be in the “up” position.