- 1 How do you respond to a flame email?
- 2 How can you avoid email flaming?
- 3 What does it mean to flame something?
- 4 What is flame in Internet?
- 5 Is flaming in emails a good strategy?
- 6 What are examples of flaming?
- 7 How do you deal with flaming?
- 8 How do I stop flaming online?
- 9 Why flaming is a threat?
- 10 How can you prevent fires?
- 11 What is the meaning of flame war?
- 12 What is a flame message?
- 13 Is trolling a form of cyberbullying?
- 14 Where did the term flaming come from?
- 15 What is called flame?
- 16 What is flame in netiquette?
- 17 How do you name flames?
- 18 How do you describe a flame?
- 19 What kind of word is flame?
- 20 How do you find flames?
- 21 How do Flames work?
How do you respond to a flame email?
But here are a few things to consider:
- Understand the purpose of the email. After you calm down from the shock of the email, spend a moment thinking about the real reason the email was sent. …
- Examine the recipient list. You understand your corporate culture. …
- Determine the intent of a reply.
How can you avoid email flaming?
Here are seven steps that might help.
- Think about your reader. This applies to both writing and reading. …
- Use email etiquette. …
- Create context. …
- Avoid the past tense. …
- Don’t just mirror; align. …
- Be collaborative, not confrontational. …
- Explain your feelings rather than expressing them.
What does it mean to flame something?
1 : to burn with a flame : blaze. 2a : to burst or break out violently or passionately flaming with indignation. b : to send an angry, hostile, or abusive electronic message. 3 : to shine brightly : glow color flaming up in her cheeks. transitive verb.
What is flame in Internet?
In Internet parlance, a flame is a posting to a newsgroup, mailing list, or similar forum that attacks another person or group of people, usually in response to an earlier posting. People post flames for a variety of reasons. Sometimes discussions of emotional issues in newsgroups degenerate into angry name-calling.
Is flaming in emails a good strategy?
Overall, it’s never a good idea to send a flaming email (or text for that matter). Take it from me, although it might be tough to resist the urge, keep your personal and business reputation in mind. Give yourself a break, step away from the computer and give yourself at least 24 hours to cool off.
What are examples of flaming?
Sometimes people are provoked into flaming by the content of someone else’s discussion. For example a moms’ Internet group could get fired up by someone’s comments on spanking. Instead of offering support to each other, discussions and flames can erupt around this controversial issue.
How do you deal with flaming?
How to respond to online flame attacks
- Always thank them for engaging. You’re from a small town. …
- Acknowledge the truths. Many online rants are tied to at least a seed of truth. …
- Fix what you can. Nothing sucks the life out of a firestorm faster than solving the problem.
- Use your coffee shop skills. …
- Know when to move on.
How do I stop flaming online?
How to avoid the flame wars
- Watch where you go. …
- Don’t feed the trolls. …
- Make a special effort to understand others’ points ofview. …
- Be a helpful contributor. …
- When wrong, apologize. …
- Meet your Internet pen pals when feasible. …
- Cultivate a sense of humor.
Why flaming is a threat?
Flaming emerged from the anonymity that Internet forums provide cover for users to act more aggressively. Anonymity can lead to disinhibition, which results in the swearing, offensive, and hostile language characteristic of flaming.
How can you prevent fires?
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF, LOVED ONES AND YOUR HOME
- Create and practice a fire escape plan. Include two ways out of every room. Pick a spot to meet outside. …
- Install and maintain smoke alarms. Place smoke alarms on every level of your home, including inside and outside bedrooms. Test smoke alarms once a month.
What is the meaning of flame war?
a series of angry, critical, or disparaging comments exchanged by two or more people in an ongoing online argument.
What is a flame message?
Flaming is the act of posting or sending offensive messages over the Internet. These messages, called “flames,” may be posted within online discussion forums or newsgroups, or sent via e-mail or instant messaging programs. … Flaming often leads to the trading of insults between members within a certain forum.
Is trolling a form of cyberbullying?
What is cyberbullying and trolling? Cyberbullying is any form of malicious messages, abuse, name calling and threats using any kind of technology from social media sites to mobile phones. Trolling has become a more common term for any kind of purposeful online abuse on social media sites like Twitter or Facebook.
Where did the term flaming come from?
1300 (implied in flaming “to shine (like fire), gleam, sparkle like flames;” mid-14c. as “emit flames, be afire, to blaze,” from Anglo-French. Transitive meaning “to burn, set on fire” is from 1580s.
What is called flame?
A flame (from Latin flamma) is the visible, gaseous part of a fire. It is caused by a highly exothermic chemical reaction taking place in a thin zone. Very hot flames are hot enough to have ionized gaseous components of sufficient density to be considered plasma.
What is flame in netiquette?
“Flaming” is what people do when they express a strongly held opinion without holding back any emotion. It’s the kind of message that makes people respond, “Oh come on, tell us how you really feel.” Tact is not its objective. Does Netiquette forbid flaming?
How do you name flames?
How do you describe a flame?
Flame, blaze, conflagration refer to the light and heat given off by combustion. Flame is the common word, referring to a combustion of any size: the light of a match flame. Blaze usually denotes a quick, hot, bright, and comparatively large flame: The fire burst into a blaze.
What kind of word is flame?
Flame can be a noun, an adjective or a verb – Word Type.
How do you find flames?
It is game used to find the relationship between two persons (boy and a girl) based on their name. Each letter in the word FLAMES represent a relationship.
Astrology / Flames.
Astrology / Flames.
How do Flames work?
But how does fire actually work? Fire is the result of applying enough heat to a fuel source, when you’ve got a whole lot of oxygen around. As the atoms in the fuel heat up, they begin to vibrate until they break free of the bonds holding them together and are released as volatile gases.