- 1 What is an antonym and give examples?
- 2 What are the 10 examples of synonyms?
- 3 What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
- 4 What is antonyms give 5 examples?
- 5 What are the 20 examples of synonyms?
- 6 What is example of synonyms?
- 7 What is a word for search?
- 8 What is it called when two things are similar?
- 9 What is the verb of similar?
- 10 Is Similarize a word?
- 11 What is the verb of villain?
- 12 Is correspondingly a word?
- 13 How do you say correspondingly?
- 14 Is consistently a word?
What is an antonym and give examples?
An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word. For instance, the antonym of ‘hot’ may be ‘cold. ‘ The root words for the word ‘antonym‘ are the words ‘anti,’ meaning ‘against’ or ‘opposite,’ and ‘onym,’ meaning ‘name. Synonyms and antonyms are exactly the opposite.
What are the 10 examples of synonyms?
II. Examples of Synonyms
- Bad: awful, terrible, horrible.
- Good: fine, excellent, great.
- Hot: burning, fiery, boiling.
- Cold: chilly, freezing, frosty.
- Easy: Simple, effortless, straightforward.
- Hard: difficult, challenging, tough.
- Big: large, huge, giant.
- Small: tiny, little, mini.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
Types of Antonyms
Examples include: boy — girl, off — on, night — day, entrance — exit, exterior — interior, true — false, deceased — alive, push — pull, pass — fail.
What is antonyms give 5 examples?
Antonyms (opposites) examples:
- Night – Day.
- Arrive – Leave.
- Junior – Senior.
- Better – Worse.
- Right – Left.
- Rich – Poor.
- Smart – Stupid.
- Small – Big.
What are the 20 examples of synonyms?
|Amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning||Fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive|
|Benefit: profit, revenue, yield||Hungry: empty, ravenous, starved|
|Brave: courageous, valiant, heroic||Injured: damaged, wounded, harmed|
|Cohesive: united, connected, close-knit||Intelligent: brilliant, clever, smart|
What is example of synonyms?
A Synonym is a word that has almost the same meaning as another word. For example, a synonym for beautiful is stunning: She is a beautiful girl.
What is a word for search?
What is another word for search?
What is it called when two things are similar?
equivalence. noun. a situation in which two things have the same size, value, importance, or meaning.
What is the verb of similar?
similarize. To make similar. To become similar.
Is Similarize a word?
1To compare, liken (something) to or with another thing.
What is the verb of villain?
villainize. (transitive) To represent as a villain.
Is correspondingly a word?
Meaning of correspondingly in English. in a way that is similar to, connected with, or caused by something else: Life in the city is more expensive, but salaries are correspondingly higher.
How do you say correspondingly?
Is consistently a word?
The adverb consistently describes something that’s done the same way for a long time. If your mom consistently forgets to add sugar when she’s baking cookies, it means you can count on inedible cookies. When something happens again and again, it happens consistently.