- 1 How do I get rid of a print job that won’t delete?
- 2 How do I clear the printer queue in Windows 10?
- 3 How do I find my printer queue?
- 4 Why do my documents get stuck in queue?
- 5 How do I fix a print queue issue?
- 6 Why can’t I delete a document in print queue?
- 7 How do I clear my HP printer queue?
- 8 Why does my print queue not clear after printing?
- 9 Why do documents stay in queue after printing?
How do I get rid of a print job that won’t delete?
Click Start, type “services,” and then click the Services app. In the right-hand pane of the Services window, find and double-click the “Print Spooler” service to open its properties window. In the properties window, on the “General” tab, click the “Stop” button.
How do I clear the printer queue in Windows 10?
How to clear printer queue in windows 10
- Press Windows key + R, type services.
- Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right-click on it and select Stop.
- Next you need to go to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and select Start for the Print Spooler service.
How do I find my printer queue?
How to Open the Printer Queue
- Click the “Start” button and select “Printers” or “Printers and Faxes” from the menu. A window opens up showing all the printers you can access.
- Double-click the printer whose queue you want to check. A new window opens with a list of current print jobs.
- Right-click on any print jobs you want to remove from the queue.
Why do my documents get stuck in queue?
A document is stuck in the printer queue for your Snapshot printer. You are unable to remove the print job using the Windows printer manager. The print job may be corrupted. Manually delete the temporary print job files from your Windows printer spooler folder.
How do I fix a print queue issue?
How to fix stuck printer queue on PC
- Cancel your documents.
- Restart the Spooler service.
- Check your printer drivers.
- Use a different user account.
Why can’t I delete a document in print queue?
When you can’t remove a print job from the printing queue window by right-clicking the stuck job and clicking Cancel, you can try restarting your PC. This will sometimes remove offending items from the queue. If conventional methods and restarting your PC doesn’t clear the stuck job, move on to the next steps.
How do I clear my HP printer queue?
Cancel print job (Win 10) | HP
- Open the print queue. If a printer icon displays in the notification area, double-click the icon to open the print queue.
- Right-click the print job you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
Why does my print queue not clear after printing?
One way to fix the problem with printer queue on your PC is to manually clear the queue. To do that, you need to manually disable the Print Spooler service and delete the files from the queue. Then you can double-click Printer Spooler to open its window below. To disable the Printer Spooler, press the Stop button.
Why do documents stay in queue after printing?
This behavior happens when Advanced Job Status is chosen in Print Manager. This option should be turned off in most printers. To check the setting of Advanced Job Status, do the following: In the Print Manager window, choose Printer from the File menu.