- 1 How do you arrange a meat and cheese platter?
- 2 What do you put on a cheese platter?
- 3 How do you make a cheese platter?
- 4 How do you eat from a cheese board?
- 5 How do you pair cheese with food?
- 6 What 3 cheeses go well together?
- 7 What are the accompaniments served with cheese?
- 8 What vegetables go well with cheese?
- 9 What bread goes best with cheese?
- 10 What meat goes on a cheese board?
- 11 What kind of olives go on a cheese platter?
- 12 How do you cut cheese for a cheese board?
- 13 What do you serve after cheese board?
- 14 How do you pair cheese and fruit?
- 15 How far in advance can I make a cheese platter?
- 16 How do you serve cheese for dessert?
How do you arrange a meat and cheese platter?
- Fold or roll each deli meat and place on tray in stacks around half of the tray (see notes above). Be sure to leave space in the middle of the tray, forming a ring.
- Place 8 slices of each type of cheese in a stack and cut diagonally into triangles.
- Garnish with green leaf lettuce and/or fruit.
What do you put on a cheese platter?
- 3–5 varieties of cheese, soft, semi firm, hard/aged.
- 1–2 varieties of cured meats, salami, prosciutto.
- 2–3 varieties of crackers (or crusty bread, baguette)
- Seasonal fruit or dried fruit.
- Pickled or marinated items, such as mini pickles (cornichons) or olives.
- Optional: something sweet, such as jam or honey.
How do you make a cheese platter?
- Start with the big items: bowls and cheese.
- Add meats, bread, and crackers.
- Fill in big spaces with fruit and nuts.
- Add some olives and fill any small bowls.
- Tuck some greenery into any space that’s still empty.
How do you eat from a cheese board?
How do you pair cheese with food?
What 3 cheeses go well together?
What are the accompaniments served with cheese?
What vegetables go well with cheese?
- Broccoli. If you ever doubted veggies could taste good with melted bliss, you haven’t tried cheesy roasted broccoli.
- Tomatoes. We’ve known for years that tomatoes topped with stringy goodness are scrumptious (think pizza.)
- A mix!
What bread goes best with cheese?
For soft rind-washed cheeses, such as Camembert, Brie, or Chaource, a French baguette is the best. It provides a tasty contrast of creamy cheese and crispy baguette. Bleu du Vercors, Fourme d’Ambert, and other blue cheeses go well with rye bread.