- 1 How do you write IB English Paper 1 commentary?
- 2 How do you start a commentary?
- 3 What is an example of commentary?
- 4 What is an example of a commentary sentence?
- 5 What are some good commentary starters?
- 6 How do you start a counterclaim sentence?
- 7 What are good transitional phrases?
- 8 Is there a transition word?
- 9 How do you start a closing paragraph?
- 10 What is a good closing sentence?
- 11 What are good ways to end a paragraph?
- 12 How do you write a good conclusion?
- 13 What are good conclusion starters?
- 14 What is a conclusion example?
- 15 What is the meaning of in conclusion?
- 16 What is conclusion in essay writing?
How do you write IB English Paper 1 commentary?
- An introduction: contains a thesis and an outline of your points.
- A body: contains your points.
- A conclusion: wraps up the essay.
- SL only: Guiding questions.
How do you start a commentary?
What is an example of commentary?
What is an example of a commentary sentence?
The magazine includes humor and social commentary. The book is a commentary on her experiences abroad. I like listening to his social commentaries. He provided commentary during the game.
What are some good commentary starters?
- This reveals/shows/demonstrates/means/highlights/illustrates/exemplifies.
- One can see from this.
- This is interesting/disturbing because.
- It is important to notice that.
How do you start a counterclaim sentence?
What are good transitional phrases?
|LOGICAL RELATIONSHIP||TRANSITIONAL EXPRESSION|
|Cause and Effect||accordingly, consequently, hence, so, therefore, thus|
|Additional Support or Evidence||additionally, again, also, and, as well, besides, equally important, further, furthermore, in addition, moreover, then|
Is there a transition word?
How do you start a closing paragraph?
- Topic sentence. Fresh rephrasing of thesis statement.
- Supporting sentences. Summarize or wrap up the main points in the body of the essay. Explain how ideas fit together.
- Closing sentence. Final words. Connects back to the introduction. Provides a sense of closure.
What is a good closing sentence?
For each paragraph, the reader should be able to identify what your key points are, based on the concluding sentence. It should not include any information that was not discussed in the paragraph. Concluding sentences can start out with phrases such as ‘In conclusion,’ ‘Thus,’ and ‘For this reason.
What are good ways to end a paragraph?
How do you write a good conclusion?
- Include a topic sentence. Conclusions should always begin with a topic sentence.
- Use your introductory paragraph as a guide. When writing your conclusion, keep a copy of your introductory paragraph on hand as a reference.
- Summarize the main ideas.
- Appeal to the reader’s emotions.
- Include a closing sentence.