- 1 What is the difference between an en dash and a hyphen?
- 2 How do you use dashes?
- 3 What is an example of a hyphen?
- 4 When should a hyphen be used?
- 5 Does year old need a hyphen?
- 6 Does underrepresented have a hyphen?
- 7 Who is an underrepresented minority?
- 8 Is under resourced a word?
- 9 How do you spell under-resourced?
- 10 What is an under-resourced school?
- 11 What is an under-resourced community?
- 12 What’s another word for under-resourced?
- 13 What is another word for under-resourced?
- 14 What does the term under-resourced mean?
- 15 Can under be used as an adjective?
- 16 Is under a noun or verb?
- 17 Is which type of parts of speech?
- 18 How do you spell with?
- 19 Can you write cow in 13 letters?
What is the difference between an en dash and a hyphen?
They might all look like lines on a page, but hyphens and dashes serve different purposes. To begin, a hyphen (-) is shorter than a dash (–). Hyphens join words together and dashes indicate range.
How do you use dashes?
- To set off material for emphasis. Think of dashes as the opposite of parentheses.
- To indicate sentence introductions or conclusions.
- To mark “bonus phrases.” Phrases that add information or clarify but are not necessary to the meaning of a sentence are ordinarily set off with commas.
- To break up dialogue.
What is an example of a hyphen?
Use a hyphen to join two or more words that stand for a single adjective (describing word) before a noun. Examples: chocolate-covered donuts. well-known doctor.
When should a hyphen be used?
Generally, you need the hyphen only if the two words are functioning together as an adjective before the noun they’re describing. If the noun comes first, leave the hyphen out.
Does year old need a hyphen?
“Year old” should be hyphenated when it modifies a noun that follows it. That is, when the phrase is describing the age of a person, place, or thing, and it precedes that noun in a sentence, then it should be written as year–old.
Does underrepresented have a hyphen?
Do not use a hyphen after words ending in “ly” followed by a participle or adjective: poorly attired man. historically underrepresented group.
Who is an underrepresented minority?
Underrepresented Minority can be defined as a group whose percentage of the population in a given group is lower than their percentage of the population in the country.
Is under resourced a word?
(politically correct) Having insufficient resources; poor; under-funded.
How do you spell under-resourced?
adjective. Provided with insufficient resources. ‘Last night, critics of the service suggested overworked and under–resourced prosecutors were dealing leniently with many offenders simply to clear enormous backlogs of cases.
What is an under-resourced school?
terized as “under–resourced.” Such schools are usu- ally associated with serving economically poor. students with heightened social and academic prob- lems and operating without optimal materials or. facilities, precisely the students most in need of.
What is an under-resourced community?
ICIC defines under–resourced communities as large, heavily populated urban or suburban areas with high. poverty rates and low incomes.1 Nationwide, there are. more than 1400 places (cities, other municipalities, and. unincorporated places) that have under–resourced com-
What’s another word for under-resourced?
In this page you can discover 8 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for under–resourced, like: , understaffed, overstretched, , under-valued, under-staffed, underfund and undermanned.
What is another word for under-resourced?
What is another word for underresourced community?
|underserved community||underserved market|
|underserved population||deprived community|
|disadvantaged community||impoverished community|
What does the term under-resourced mean?
adjective politically correct having insufficient resources ; poor ; under-funded.
Can under be used as an adjective?
adjective. beneath or on the underside: the under threads of the embroidery. lower in position.
Is under a noun or verb?
Under can be used in the following ways: as a preposition (followed by a noun or number): There are piles of books under my desk. as an adverb (without a following noun): Jump into the water and see how long you can stay under. Children aged five and under can get in for half-price.
Is which type of parts of speech?
The Eight Parts of Speech
How do you spell with?
Correct spelling for the English word “With” is [wˈɪð], [wˈɪð], [w_ˈɪ_ð] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Can you write cow in 13 letters?
Yes the word COW can be expressed in 13 letters. The word COW can be written in 13 letters in this way: “SEE- O-DOUBLE-YOU” iin which we just write the spelling of the character wise pronounce…. So we can write “COW” in 13 Letters as “SEE-O-DOUBLEYOU”.