How do you clean a badly burnt saucepan?
What to do:
- Fill the burnt pan with water until the bottom is covered and add the vinegar.
- Bring the pan to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Add the baking soda, and let it fizz.
- If there are stubborn marks that won’t come off, try making a paste of baking soda and a couple of drops of water.
How do I get the black stuff off my burnt pan?
Sprinkle a cup or two of baking soda in the bottom of the scorched pan and add just enough water to cover. Simmer for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour, repeating if necessary. The most crusted on black burned mess will fall right off leaving a sparkling pan. Ordinary table salt will work in a pinch as well.
How do you clean a badly burnt stainless steel pan?
The method: Add 1 cup water and 1 cup vinegar to the pan and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat, add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Discard liquid and wash pot with a scouring pad.
Removing Burnt Grease From Bottom of Pans With Vinegar, Dawn, and Baking Soda
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with generous amounts of baking soda and sea salt, especially on the stains.
- Spray the baking soda with straight vinegar.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Use the scouring pad to scrub away the grease.