- 1 How read and write data to a file in Java?
- 2 How do you write a string of text into a file?
- 3 How do you write to a file?
- 4 How do you create a folder?
- 5 How do you write to a file in Linux?
- 6 How do you write to a file in Unix?
- 7 How do you write a file content in Unix?
- 8 What command is used to print a file?
- 9 Which command is used to recursively copy the file?
- 10 Which command is used to compare two files?
- 11 How do I compare two files in Windows?
How read and write data to a file in Java?
Java FileWriter and FileReader classes are used to write and read data from text files (they are Character Stream classes). It is recommended not to use the FileInputStream and FileOutputStream classes if you have to read and write any textual information as these are Byte stream classes.
How do you write a string of text into a file?
To write string to a Text File, follow these sequence of steps:
- Open file in write mode using open() function.
- Write string to the file using write() method.
- Close the file using close() method.
How do you write to a file?
There are two ways to write in a file.
- write() : Inserts the string str1 in a single line in the text file. File_object.write(str1)
- writelines() : For a list of string elements, each string is inserted in the text file. Used to insert multiple strings at a single time.
How do you create a folder?
Create a new folder when saving your document by using the Save As dialog box
- With your document open, click File > Save As.
- Under Save As, select where you want to create your new folder.
- In the Save As dialog box that opens, click New Folder.
- Type the name of your new folder, and press Enter.
- Click Save.
How do you write to a file in Linux?
To create a new file, use the cat command followed by the redirection operator ( > ) and the name of the file you want to create. Press Enter , type the text and once you are done, press the CRTL+D to save the file. If a file named file1. txt is present, it will be overwritten.
How do you write to a file in Unix?
Open the Terminal and then type the following command to create a file called demo.txt, enter:
- echo ‘The only winning move is not to play.’ >
- printf ‘The only winning move is not to play.\n’ > demo.txt.
- printf ‘The only winning move is not to play.\n Source: WarGames movie\n’ > demo-1.txt.
- cat > quotes.txt.
- cat quotes.txt.
How do you write a file content in Unix?
You can use the cat command to append data or text to a file. The cat command can also append binary data. The main purpose of the cat command is to display data on screen (stdout) or concatenate files under Linux or Unix like operating systems. To append a single line you can use the echo or printf command.
What command is used to print a file?
Getting the file to the printer. Printing from within an application is very easy, selecting the Print option from the menu. From the command line, use the lp or lpr command.
Which command is used to recursively copy the file?
Copying Directories with cp Command
To copy a directory, including all its files and subdirectories, use the -R or -r option. The command above creates the destination directory and recursively copy all files and subdirectories from the source to the destination directory.
Which command is used to compare two files?
Explanation: diff command is used for comparing files and displaying the differences between them. 11.
How do I compare two files in Windows?
On the File menu, click Compare Files. In the Select First File dialog box, locate and then click a file name for the first file in the comparison, and then click Open. In the Select Second File dialog box, locate and then click a file name for the second file in the comparison, and then click Open.