- 1 How do you pronounce the Yoruba alphabet?
- 2 Do Re Mi Do Yoruba?
- 3 How do you pronounce NLA in Yoruba?
- 4 How do you spell Niger?
- 5 How do you say words in Nigerian accent?
- 6 How do u say hello in Nigerian?
- 7 Why do Nigerian say O?
- 8 How do you say eat in Nigerian?
- 9 How do you say love in Nigerian?
- 10 What does ABEG mean?
- 11 What does Na you sabi mean?
- 12 How do you reply to Dey?
- 13 What does Oya mean in Nigerian?
- 14 What is Wahala Nigeria?
- 15 Is Wahala a Hausa word?
- 16 How do I speak pidgin English?
- 17 How do you say bye in Nigeria?
- 18 How do u say hi in Swahili?
- 19 How do u say bye in Africa?
How do you pronounce the Yoruba alphabet?
The better you pronounce a letter in a word, the more understood you will be in speaking the Yoruba language.
|Yoruba Alphabet||English Sound||Pronunciation Example|
|b||[b]||as in bay|
|c||[ʨ]||ch as in chay|
|d||[d]||as in day|
|e||[ɛ]||as in elephant|
Do Re Mi Do Yoruba?
The three tones in Yoruba are “Do Re Mi” which look like this \ _ / (Do=\) (Re=_ ) (Mi=/) WITHOUT the brackets and = sign. The middle tone (re) is just basically normal tone used in English. The (Do) tone is a lower tone, and the (mi) is a higher tone. Yoruba also has its own alphabet.
How do you pronounce NLA in Yoruba?
How do you spell Niger?
Correct spelling for the English word “niger” is [nˈa͡ɪd͡ʒə], [nˈaɪdʒə], [n_ˈaɪ_dʒ_ə] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
How do you say words in Nigerian accent?
How do u say hello in Nigerian?
Ẹ n lẹ means hello in this part of Nigeria.
Why do Nigerian say O?
If you paid attention, you’d notice that like most Nigerian exclamatory words, ‘O‘ connotes more than one idea/reaction. It can be the answer to a call. It can be used in agreement. It can also be used to reiterate a point.
How do you say eat in Nigerian?
Chop. Deeply entrenched in Nigerian phraseology is “chop,” the word for eating.
How do you say love in Nigerian?
“Mo ni fe re” is Yoruba for “I love you” and literally translates to “I have your love.” Yoruba language needs little introduction as it is one of the 4 official languages of Nigeria.
What does ABEG mean?
Abeg. This simply means ‘Please. ‘ You could say, ‘Abeg come chop food’ which is an invitation to a meal.
What does Na you sabi mean?
Meaning. That’s your business/problem, don’t involve me. Example.
How do you reply to Dey?
“How you dey?” comes the question, or “How body?” (both meaning “how are you?”) “I dey fine” is the correct response, or, if you‘re in a less upbeat mood, “body dey inside cloth”, meaning “I’m coping/making do with the situation,” or literally “I’m still wearing clothes.”
What does Oya mean in Nigerian?
In Yoruba, the name Oya means “she tore.” She is known as Ọya-Iyansan – the “mother of nine” — because of 9 children she gave birth to all of them being stillborn; suffering from lifetime of barrenness. She is the patron of the Niger River (known to the Yoruba as the Odo-Ọya)
What is Wahala Nigeria?
“Wahala” on its own means ‘”trouble”, similar to the way the word bacchanal is used in the Caribbean. It can also refer to stress.
Is Wahala a Hausa word?
noun ; Affliction, trouble or tribulation Wahala is a word that has been used in both the Yoruba and Hausa language for a very long period of time. Etymology : A word common in both the Yoruba and Hausa Language of Nigeria.
How do I speak pidgin English?
How do you say bye in Nigeria?
How do u say hi in Swahili?
There are basically five ways to say hello in Swahili:
- Hujambo or jambo (how are you?) – Sijambo (seeJAmbo) (I am fine / no worries)
- Habari? (any news?) – nzuri (nZOOree) (fine)
- U hali gani? (oo HAlee GAnee) (how are you) – njema (fine)
- Shikamoo (a young person to an elder) – marahaba.
- For casual interactions: mambo?