- 1 How do the Scots spell porridge?
- 2 How do you spell porridge in English?
- 3 What does porridge mean?
- 4 What is the part of speech of porridge?
- 5 Is porridge a British word?
- 6 What is the opposite of porridge?
- 7 What is another name for porridge?
- 8 What is another term for porridge?
- 9 What is the sentence of porridge?
- 10 What is the sentence of tiny?
- 11 What is the sentence of forest?
- 12 What are the 4 types of forest?
- 13 What is Forest in simple words?
- 14 How do you describe a forest?
- 15 How can I describe a girl?
- 16 How do you describe the smell of a forest?
- 17 How do you describe a shore?
- 18 How do you describe a beautiful place?
How do the Scots spell porridge?
“Porage This is a word made up by A & R Scott in Glasgow when they launched Scott’s Porage Oats in 1914, and combined the old Scots word poray with the French word potage.” Well done Ana – that explains it. I spell it porridge and understand porridge to be the dish, commonly eaten at breakfast.
How do you spell porridge in English?
What does porridge mean?
: a soft food made by boiling meal of grains or legumes in milk or water until thick.
What is the part of speech of porridge?
noun uncountable British. UK /ˈpɒrɪdʒ/ DEFINITIONS2. a hot food made from oatmeal and milk or water, often eaten at breakfast.
Is porridge a British word?
Porridge is the British term; American English uses oatmeal, which in British English refers only to the crushed grains.
What is the opposite of porridge?
What is the opposite of porridge?
What is another name for porridge?
Find another word for porridge. In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for porridge, like: oatmeal, congee, loblolly, mush, polenta, pottage, samp, stew, vegetable-soup, bread and gruel.
What is another term for porridge?
Synonyms. oatmeal rolled oats burgoo gruel dish hasty pudding.
What is the sentence of porridge?
Porridge sentence example. Give him some porridge : it takes a long time to get filled up after starving. They gave him some more porridge and Morel with a laugh set to work on his third bowl. It is either baked into cakes, called tortilla by the Indians of Yucatan, or made into a kind of porridge , as in Ireland.
What is the sentence of tiny?
“He made a tiny hole in the paper.” “She feels tiny in the crowd.” Used with adverbs: “The crack is very tiny.”
What is the sentence of forest?
In the forest it was almost hot, no wind could be felt. They ran through the forest toward the cliff, then ducked deeper into the forest before the trees gave way at the cliff.
What are the 4 types of forest?
What are the different types of forests found in India?
- Tropical Deciduous Forests. These trees have broadleafs.
- Tropical Rain Forests. These are also called equatorial rainforests.
- Montane Forests. This type of forest is found in mountain or hilly areas.
- Tropical Thorn forests. They are found in the area with very little rainfall (as little as 50cm).
- Swamp Forests.
What is Forest in simple words?
A forest is a piece of land with many trees. Many animals need forests to live and survive. They are an ecosystem which includes many plants and animals. Temperature and rainfall are the two most important things for forests. Many places are too cold or too dry for them.
How do you describe a forest?
A forest can be thick, humid, or dense. It could also be described as barren or desolate during the winter, or eerie and terrifying at nighttime. A forest that has been in a fire could be described as austere or sad, while a healthy forest could be described as alive, and astir with life.
How can I describe a girl?
Affable – She has many friends and is a pleasure to be around. Ambitious – She has a personality that revolves around her goals and improving her situation. Captivating – She is a delightful person; you can’t take your eyes off her. Confident – She trusts her own abilities and knows that she has value.
How do you describe the smell of a forest?
It may even feel like you’re actually breathing for the first time in your life. The air in the forest smells good. It may smell like damp moss, rain, wet tree trunks, flowers, and needle-covered path. It may smell like a tree stump that is already creating new life, or even snow, frost, and softwood.
How do you describe a shore?
Here are some adjectives for shore: distant and peaceful, wild distant, far bloody, bleakly inhospitable, sandy lonesome, rocky golden, high barbary, grey windswept, yon unknown and silent, yon unknown, hideous and adventurous, sandy eastern, misty troubled, rocky, forlorn, desolate and windy, scalloped southern, false
How do you describe a beautiful place?
Words used to describe attractive places or views – thesaurus
- picturesque. adjective. a picturesque place or scene is attractive, especially because it is old and interesting.
- unspoiled. adjective.
- pretty. adjective.
- panoramic. adjective.
- favoured. adjective.
- picture-postcard. adjective.