- 1 How do you install a Moen 1225 shower cartridge?
- 2 How do you replace a Moen shower valve 1225?
- 3 How do you install a Moen water cartridge?
- 4 Is there a difference between Moen 1225 and 1225B?
- 5 How do I know if my Moen cartridge is bad?
- 6 How do I know what Moen cartridge to buy?
- 7 How do I identify my faucet cartridge?
- 8 How do I know what shower cartridge to buy?
- 9 How do I know if my shower cartridge is bad?
- 10 What causes a shower cartridge to fail?
- 11 How much does it cost to replace a shower valve cartridge?
- 12 How much does a plumber charge to change a shower cartridge?
- 13 How much does a plumber charge to replace a Moen cartridge?
- 14 Will Moen replace cartridge for free?
- 15 Do you have to turn the water off to change a shower cartridge?
- 16 How long does a Moen cartridge last?
- 17 Can a bad shower cartridge cause low water pressure?
- 18 Can I remove shower cartridge without turning off water?
How do you install a Moen 1225 shower cartridge?
Use pliers on the white plastic tool and loosen the cartridge by twisting 1/4 turn each direction one at a time. After removing the white plastic tool, grasp the cartridge stem and pull it straight out of the valve (using pliers or an adjustable wrench). You can now install your new cartridge.
How do you replace a Moen shower valve 1225?
How do you install a Moen water cartridge?
Is there a difference between Moen 1225 and 1225B?
The difference between the 1225 and the 1225B is with the packaging. The difference between the 1225 and the 1225B is with the packaging. The cartridges are exactly the same, the package in which the part is displayed is different.
How do I know if my Moen cartridge is bad?
Symptoms of a bad Moen 1225 and 1222B Cartridge:
- Leaking from the handle, tub spout or shower head when off.
- Difficult to open or close shower valve.
- Difficult to turn shower handle.
- Inability to get very hot or very cold water.
How do I know what Moen cartridge to buy?
The easiest way to find the Moen shower valve replacement cartridge you need is to know the series or model number of your Moen bathroom faucet. Exact information for these comes with any paperwork you have received when you first installed the original shower faucet (hopefully you saved it).
How do I identify my faucet cartridge?
How do I know what shower cartridge to buy?
Easiest of all is when it says the brand name right on the faucet face. But you should also look at the bottom of the faucet, on the handles or on the round plate behind the handles. If you find a brand name, go to the manufacturer’s website and call the contact number for assistance.
How do I know if my shower cartridge is bad?
How to tell if your shower cartridge is bad:
- Dripping or running water when you turn your shower off (most common)
- Difficulty turning the shower handle, which worsens over time.
- Shower handle gets stuck or “slips” and doesn’t turn on the water.
What causes a shower cartridge to fail?
There are several reasons why the cartridge may have failed; the number one cause is an in-balance in water pressure between the mains cold pressure and the heated hot water(and this is very common). This constant in-balance between the two will cause damage to the cartridge which is housed within the valve.
How much does it cost to replace a shower valve cartridge?
To replace a shower cartridge, it may cost as low as $65 to as high as $220, on average. If you need to replace the entire faucet including the entire valve, the trim, and new handles, prepare to pay more.
How much does a plumber charge to change a shower cartridge?
How much does a plumber charge to replace a shower cartridge? A typical service call varies depending on the plumber but usually between $75 and $125. The cartridges are not cheap and run from $25 to $75 depending on manufacturer. So the answer is between $100 to $200.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a Moen cartridge?
Re: Remove and replace moen posi-temp shower cartridge? We generally don’t talk money here, but in general terms consider this: The HD price for that cartridge is probably about $50. The plumber probably pays wholsale between $32 and $45 depending on where he is, and how many he keeps on the truck.
Will Moen replace cartridge for free?
If this faucet should ever develop a leak or drip during the Warranty Period, Moen will FREE OF CHARGE provide the parts necessary to put the faucet back in good working condition and will replace FREE OF CHARGE any part or finish that proves defective in material and manufacturing workmanship, under normal
Do you have to turn the water off to change a shower cartridge?
No matter what model of faucet you have, it’s essential to turn off the water supply before you disassemble it, or you could be scalded.
How long does a Moen cartridge last?
The system has expensive cartridges, they cost about $30 (2014) to replace, but they last a long time — 20 to 30 years.
Can a bad shower cartridge cause low water pressure?
It could ce a bigger issue – Call a Plumber
Leaky, corroded and clogged pipes can lead to low water pressure in the shower. The showerhead might be so old it needs to be replaced. The shower controls could also be responsible for flow issues.
Can I remove shower cartridge without turning off water?
Yes, you CAN remove it without shutting off the valve, but I would not recommend it, unless you like water damages to your home.